Rhythm Kids classes are now brought to you by the internationally recognized early childhood program, Music Together.
Rhythm Kids Level 1 (ages 4-5 w/parent)
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is geared for preschoolers (ages 4-5) who are ready to take their next musical step. Utilizing the Music Together curriculum each week, we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. PreRhythm Kids guides children toward develpmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
- make up their own drumming patterns
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, rhythm sticks, etc.)
- create movement ideas for songs
- and even take a drum solo!
- listen to their song/practice CD
- have access to online drum-play videos and other materials
Drums will be provided for the class each week. Just add hands!
Rhythm Kids Level 2
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5-8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
- explore movement and dance while singing songs
- play games based on music and drumming
- have access to online materials, tutorials and video play-alongs
Students should have their own hand drum (djembe) for use at home (and for use in class whever needed or desired). Parents and caregivers are always welcome to stay and play or drop-off.
Find a class near you by visiting our Class Locator page
Check out www.musictogether.com for more information about Music Together
Contact Us for comments, questions or if you are interested in school programs and events in the New England area.